This fanciful kumihimo braiding set will delight someone who loves gray and gold. It was crafted to commemorate the 45th anniversary of Sigma Gamma Nu, my college sorority/social club, and a fun surprise to the sisters who were on the same pledge line with me.
Gray and gold, the organization’s colors, are reflected in the glass and metallic beads used to create the sophisticated design. It makes a thoughtful remembrance gift or one that is sure to please any fashion savvy woman—even if she is not a member of the sorority.
Quick and Easy Kumihimo Braiding Project for the Experienced Jewelry Maker
Because of the mixture of bead sizes and styles used in its design, the fast-to-finish necklace is a perfect project for experienced “beaders” with intermediate kumihimo braiding skills. It is woven with a combination of the following:
- One strand of 60 large flat gray and gold etched oval beads
- Another strand of 60 large round metallic beads sprinkled with gray glitter
- One strand of 60 circular flat gold metal disks (from hardware store)
- One strand of 60 oval silver beads with floral etchings
- Two strand of 60 round gray jasper gemstones
- Two strands 60 each of Czech crystal drop beads
The whimsical fashion accessory adds just the right touch to a black or gray outfit. You can wear it with practically everything in your wardrobe from casual to formal clothes.