- Select garnet and silver size 6-0 seed beads. Depending on the desired necklace length, you will need about 120 beads per strand for this 8-warp kumihimo design.
- String the beads on each strand of cording as indicated in the diagram below and place them in the appropriate slots of the kumihimo disk.
- Work a simple kumihimo braiding pattern for one inch without beads (See the tutorial below to learn how to use the kumihimo disk to make jewelry and other accessories); and then braid for 10 more inches with beads.
- Braid another two to three inches without beads (depending on the size of your focal tube bead).
5. Tie off the cords and remove them from the kumihimo disk. Add one silver-finished spacer bead, followed by a curved pewter “noodle” or tube bead and another spacer.
- Place the cords back in the kumihimo disk and braid without beads for 8 to 12 moves until you are able to drop and secure the remaining beads.
- String the remaining beads according to the pattern and braid for another 10 inches. Work one more inch without beads and tie off.
- Add bead cones or end caps and clasp.
“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” (Psalms 51:10)
Polka Dot or Dotted Swiss Kumihimo Braiding Pattern
The Garnet Pewter Sensation necklace uses the cord placements as shown in this example from Facet Jewelry. They have additional placement diagrams as well as excellent advice on reading kumihimo patterns
Beaded Kumihimo Braiding from The Potomac Bead Company
(Visited 218 times, 8 visits today)