Elegant shimmery rose gold glass seed beads progress into a gorgeous focal of dagger and round specialty gems. With only a short investment of time (one evening at most), you can get a stunning jewelry piece that’s great for a night out on the town or any other festive occasion.
A Dazzling Result with Two Simple Kumihimo Patterns
There are over 1500 beads in the Grace & Peace Beaded Kumihimo Braiding Set. They are woven into two kumihimo patterns:
- A basic 8-warp pattern was used for the delicate rose-gold ropes as there’s no need to use a fancy design since the beads are all the same color.
- The central focal was braided with a simple spiral pattern that alternates the dagger beads and round specialty gems.
Spacers were not used in this project because I wanted to create the sense of rough texture flowing into a smooth and graceful finish.
Embellishing the Kumihimo Patterns
You can braid basic kumihimo patterns repeatedly by using the simple trick of changing the color, style and type of beads. Here is how it was used in the Grace & Peace necklace.
- A solid color was used for the ropes and complementary colors for the focal. However, you can braid the entire necklace in monochromatic colors.
- The model is 22 inches long; but you can make it longer or shorter by simply changing the length of the kumihimo ropes.
- For a different look altogether, consider adding a pendant or charm to the center of the focal piece.
“Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all!” (2 Thessalonians 3:16)