Elegant Time Beaded Kumihimo Watch
This elegant beaded kumihimo wristwatch was crafted with eight strands of jet fire polish and silver glass beads. It was designed around a black and pewter watch face, and finished off with silver filigree end cones.
This versatile accessory is great for casual as well as formal attire.
Leaves In Time Beaded Kumihimo Wristwatch
Vintage leaves and round beads are the focal points for this beautiful beaded kumihimo watch. Fire polish bicone and silver glass beads add a subtle “bling” to the green watch face. Sized for 7 to 8-inch wrists, this lovely kumihimo watch with beads makes an excellent addition to a spring wardrobe.
Dangle Cuff Kumihimo Wristwatch with Beads
Eight strands of assorted glass seed beads are worked over a strong artistic wire core to form a beautiful cuff bracelet-style beaded kumihimo wristwatch. A beautiful watch face with quartz movements dangles elegantly from pewter bead spacers.
Elephants On Parade Beaded Kumihimo Watch
Pewter elephant metal beads parade throughout this kumihimo wrist watch. Two sizes of red drop and crystal beads join the march from the watch face to each rope end. Sized for 5 to 7-inch wrists.
Long Magatama Kumihimo Wristwatch with Beads
Aqua long magatama dagger-style glass beads make this kumihimo wristwatch a creative and stunning accessory. You’ll be amazed at how beautiful each new beaded kumihimo creation becomes when you let your imagination soar!
Beautiful Beaded Kumihimo Wristwatch for a Special Friend
It is a special and rare thing to have a true friend. This kumihimo wrist watch was crafted with my special friend in mind. Made with hematite and pewter beads, it is my hope that she will find this as much of a treasure as I enjoyed while making it.
Lavender Leaves Time Beaded Kumihimo Wristwatch
This kumihimo wrist watch is beaded with subtle tones of lavender glass beads, round and octagonal pewter beads as well as pewter leaf charms. The watch face is a delicate lavender. Pewter findings complete the fashion accessory.
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens…” (Ecclesiastes 3:1a)
How to Braid Beaded Kumihimo Wristwatches
- Start by purchasing an assortment of watch faces. Make sure that they are the kind used for jewelry bracelet-making.
- Cut 8 strands of S-Lon cord that are three times the size of the wrist. You will make two ropes (each one will be attached to the watch face before braiding). Divide the wrist size in half to determine the length of each strand. For example, the strands for each rope will need to be 12 inches for a size 8 wrist.
- Attach 4 of the S-Lon strands to one side of the watch face by carefully working each strand through the hole. Make an overhand knot as close as possible to the watch face hole. You will now have 8 strands for braiding (about 6 inches each).
- Set up the kumihimo disk in the desired pattern. If using chunky beads, you may want to alternate with other smaller glass seed beads.
- Load the beads onto the bobbins. Depending on the wrist and bead size, you may only need 10 to 20 per rope. Adjust the number and kind of beads if needed to make your wristwatch the size you want.
- Check the size of the rope before finishing off. As you bead you may want to measure the rope to make sure it is the desired size. If necessary, remove or add beads, and then finish off by working one-half to three-quarters of an inch without beads.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 for the second rope.
- Add a glue-in kumihimo or magnetic clasp, or attach bead cones with a toggle clasp.
Making a Beaded Kumihimo Bracelet with Wire Core
Watch this video to learn how to make beaded kumihimo bracelets and wristwatch bands using a thick wire core.